Is there a yeast site database?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mi6op

Reaction score
Specifically one where I can put in the type of yeast I have handy, say a Bohemian Pilsner, and then give me a list of all the prospective beers that I can brew with said bo-pils yeast.

Thanks!

Specifically one where I can put in the type of yeast I have handy, say a Bohemian Pilsner, and then give me a list of all the prospective beers that I can brew with said bo-pils yeast.

Thanks!

Here is one for all the kinds you can buy at your local supply shop or online: http://www.beertools.com/html/ingredients.php?view=yeast
if you need more information, go to the specific yeast manufactures site...additionally the UK has cataloged over 500 various yeast strains, however Im not sure where you can access that list.

Thanks both of these are handy. I think what Wyeast is doing is more what I was looking for. I just brewed a Bohemian Pils and washed some of the yeast and am building a starter up. At this point I don't want to brew it again this soon as I have 5 gallons of it to drink but wanted to keep this strain going to bulk it up to do some damage. I'm intrigued by the list of possible beers to brew with this yeast.

Back