Is there a way to mark your bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm starting to bottle a few batches where i can drink them at the same time. I'm using bottles that don't have labels. They are just 12oz amber bottles. I'm putting them in my fridge and not sure what they are. It's not that big of deal, but i would like to know what I'm gonna drink..Some batches are better than others and I forget what they are....Other than adding labels to them, what do you do? If anything.

I guess it's a nice problem to have.....:mug:

I usually write on the caps. If you get the surplus caps with stuff printed on them, get the little circle stickers from an office supply store and write on those.

I used a sharpie on the caps, but they rubbed off. so I bought "garage sale" little round stickers. I just write a P or I or DG on it and I'm all set.

Ya I use single letters on the caps too, and I'm sure that if you ever get two brews that start with the same letter or have the same name you could differentiate with different coloured markers. Lol but be careful with the letters you choose, cos I've labbeled a wit with a W and was about to label a Mac's beer kit beer with an M, but realised that it would look exactly the same if I just spun the bottle round.

The avery circular labels are so easy to print I can't do without them anymore. Cut, paste, print and stick on the caps. Lot easier than most methods.

I just bought a alphabet stamp set and a stamp pad. You can get them at arts and crafts stores that carry scrap-booking supplies. 26 individual rubber stamps with a single letter. There are also number sets and various icons/symbols.

Haven't had a chance to try them yet, but should be faster than print and stick labels and more legible then my scrawling with a Sharpie.

Chris

I just use different colors of caps.
Blue = Blueberry Wheat
Green = Brown Ale
Silver = IPA
etc......

Back