Is there a suggested way to sweeten wine in the glass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TkmLinus

Reaction score
Last night my girlfriend and I were enjoying my latest batch of strawberry wine. It was quite tasty, I enjoyed the tartness of it, but she mentioned it was a touch too tart for her and wanted to know if it could be sweetened. So I was wondering if there is a suggested way to add sweetness to wine in the glass. I have never back-sweetened wine before and would like to get a rough idea of what the strawberry wine would taste like had I sweetened it so that I can make adjustments with my next batch. Thanks in advance!

My wife makes wine. She often adds a teaspoon of sugar to a 6 - 7 oz glass of wine. I won't say how she sweetens the rest of the bottle/jug because it might not be a safe practice.

a dash of simple syrup in the glass before pouring the wine. you can make it from any kind of sugar, they all have a unique flavor.

Back