Is there a maximum time for bottle carbing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Pelican521

Reaction score
I keep my bottles in my furnace room that keeps a constant temp of 70 degrees. Will anything bad happen to my beer if stays there a long period of time like 6+ weeks?

TungstenBeer

Reaction score
Nothing except for it tasting delicious.
Exactly.

That being said, if you have room you can always move a bottle or two to the fridge after 2-3 weeks and let them sit there for a week or so (that's a general timeframe, some people prefer much more and others do much less)... just so you can try them.

C-Rider

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Mine sit in the conditioning fridge untill I need more cold ones. May sit there for a month or more. Have some in the fermenting freezer for like a year.

captianoats

Reaction score
You'll be fine. I've drank beer that I had brewed 3 years ago and it was better than when it was new.

OP
P

Pelican521

Reaction score
Ok thx, just wanted to make sure since they've been there for a while and are perfectly carbed up.

jonmohno

Banned
Reaction score
Mine stay around 65-70 for about 3 weeks maybe a little more then to my basement around 60. Ideally you would carb them for a bout a month then cellar them if you can or refrigerate them if you want. I only refrigerate what I drink of a batch and the rest go in a cool basement to age til I finish them which could mean years.

Latest posts