Is there a farming based radio station?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the U.S. Just about every AM, most FM stations and many TV stations run a "farm report" for an hour a day with other updates...at least in the midwest and other heavy agricultural areas. There are even some stations and two cable channels dedicated solely to ag reports.

But what are you looking for? One that streams? Or a podcast? I'm sure none of the signals reach the UK nor can I imagine you are extremely interested in current corn prices at the various local grain exchanges.

We have a guy at work who farms, and I wanted to surprise him by streaming a farm type radio station to my iPhone while we were at work. It would make a change from "Arrow Rock" which is 24/7 music, no news, no adverts, and no jocks. http://www.thearrow.co.uk/

He is busy growing a field full of beer quality barley at the moment, so once I get my brewery up and running I will have to loan some off him, and re-read the awesome home malting thread.....The large "Vac forming" oven at work may get commandeered for far more interesting duties.....

Back