Quantcast

Is there a brew club in Portland ME?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

CEMaine

Reaction score
Hi Fellow Beer Nuts!
Does anyone know if there is a homebrew club in Portland Maine? I am interested in joining if there is.

Cheers

RichBrewer

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a list from the AHA.
http://www.beertown.org/homebrewing/listings.asp

I don't know Maine all that well so here is a complete list:

Maine Ale & Lager Tasters (MALT) ID #: 000165867
PO Box 15
E Winthrop, ME 04343 USA
207 395-4554
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Grateful Brewers ID #: 000165528

Farmington, ME 04938 USA
(207)778-9686
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Southern Maine Homebrewers ID #: 000156158
410 High Street
North Berwick, ME 03906 USA
207-767-9939
[email protected]
www.bru-cru.com/

Portland Homebrew Club ID #: 000166077
50 Tyng St #3
Portland, ME 04102 USA

[email protected]
www.myspace.com/portlandhombrew

Vermicous

Reaction score
I've met a few of the Southern Maine Homebrewers. Small group, but very enthusiastic and seemed pretty nice.

mdog14

Reaction score
I meet with the Southern Maine homebrewers, just moved to Portland myself. They're meeting in Acton, Maine but they're not opposed to meeting in Portland occasionally. I was hoping to get a brach of their club started in Portland. If you're interested drop me a line.

~Aaron

gtn80

Reaction score
I'm in Portland, wouldn't mind getting in on a homebrew club locally. Acton might be a bit of a drive, I'd love to meet up with some likeminded brewers.

jwb96

Reaction score
I'm in Topsham and would be interested. Feel free to contact me at jwb96 at yahoo dot com.

Anyone in Maine know of a stainless welder who will work for beer? I have a keg to be converted into a cooler.

Thanks,
Jim

Cathpah

Reaction score
Big old bump on this thread....Not sure if anyone has had any success in meeting up with other brewers in Portland, but I'd definitely be interested in drinking/creating some good beers.

JessWhitty

Reaction score
I'm an SMH member. We meet every third Thursday of the month and we now rotate meetings between Sanford, Saco & Wells areas. We have talked about rotating as far north as Portland but haven't seen enough interest to make that move yet. Next month's meeting is a club pub crawl and will likely take place on a Saturday. I believe the plan is to focus in the Auburn area. March's meeting will be in the Saco area. For more info on joining our meetings you can check out our Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/search/?ref...it=ffs&s=40#/group.php?gid=72469760125&ref=ts

martn55

Reaction score
i would love to get into some type of get together to talk and drink home brew in the portland area

mattreba

Reaction score
I just got back from NHC and I need to put in a big me too. I'm subscribing to this thread. PM me if you know something or just want to get together.

Bacon488

Reaction score
"We meet every third Thursday of the month and we now rotate meetings between Sanford, Saco & Wells areas. We have talked about rotating as far north as Portland but haven't seen enough interest to make that move yet."

Well, if you keep meeting in Sanford and Wells (Saco is a little better) then count me among the Portland residents who aren't interested. There's kind of a chicken and egg thing going on there...

EHagmann

Reaction score
I just started brewing using buckets and would be interested in sharing notes with others in Cape Elizabeth, Maine

noise

Reaction score
See DrNeato's post above and join up with our Mashing Maniacs club.