Is the KAB4 banjo burner high enough for my setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I'm constructing a long wooden cabinet on heavy duty wheels that will hold all my brewing stuff inside - while brewing, the large work surface (the lid) will hold the cooler/mash tun and my stove.

At the same time, my stove is old and underpowered and I want to replace it. I've gone back and read the threads and think I would prefer the KAB4, but its stand is shorter than the SQ14 and because it is more powerful, I'm wondering about the heat generated underneath the burner? My intention is to put the stove ontop of a modest sized piece of metal as a heat shield.

What do you all think? Is this a valid concern, or am I missing something, or do you have other thoughts or suggestions? Thanks,

Jim

Amazon.com: Bayou Classic SQ14 Single Burner Outdoor Patio Stove: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Amazon.com: Bayou Classic KAB4 High Pressure Banjo Cooker: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Last edited by a moderator:
It "should" be fine but I really like the large flat top to the sq-14's. If I was to step up to the kab4 I would put it into the sq-14 stand.

I just bought the KAB4. I am waiting for it to arrive. Just for your information, I bought it from Brewmaster's Warehouse (here). You can use the BYOAD coupon code for 10% off. $74.48 shipped
Cheers!

Thanks for link on the good price. No one seems to have any concerns about the height of the banjo burner burning the surface underneath?

Jim

Back