Is Straub Amber and Lager still an old skool recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fordiesel69

Reaction score
Specifically what I would like to know as I hear people mention that today's recipes are watered down and cheap. Nothing today tastes like the 50s 60s or 70s back when beer was beer and smelled and tasted good.

Being I just took a tour of their place and found they use no chemicals, additives, salts or sugars, I found their lager to be tasty. How far off would one say it owuld be from the olden days?

They are the third oldest brewery still in business.

Yes I did ask and they were not sure of the changes and I bet they can't answer it anyways.....

Having toured their brewery with other brewers and met their ownership, I would assume they have not changed their core beers very much. They are old school and great people!

I'm almost positive they are using a variant of the Christian Schmidt lager yeast, which is unique, if you wish to brew similar beers.

Interesting....so unlike state of the art, cost cutting, mass production breweries, this recipe is like the old days?

The after taste of their lager is very crisp. Very well done.

Latest posts

Back