Is my math correct?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So im making wine for my girlfreind and ive done a few batches for her already and ive got the recipe down but ive been back sweetening with table sugar and i dont like the results even though she claim she loves it i still want to make it better so ive thought about back sweetening with the juice concentrate its made from but i would appreciate it if someone could double check my math because since her go to wine is barefoot Moscato that clocks in at a gravity of 1.023 if its not sweet enough she wont drink it nor will i because i like my wines more to the dry side. Okay now the math....

1 welchs can of white grape peach has 6 servings in it and 33g of sugar per servering so thats 198g of sugar per can. All that comes out to around .435 pounds of sugar and .435 pounds of sugar should rasie gravity to 1.02 per gallon which is close enough. Now is logic right or am i missing something...any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

You are spot on. One Welche's white grape peach raisin 1 gallon of total liquid by 0.020 points give or take 0.002.

I have done many wines with that and that is my experience.

Latest posts

Back