is my brew infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickwc5

Reaction score
After about a week in the secondary my brew started getting these little jelly looking bubbles around the hop bag. Then one morning I woke up and all of this was inside my carboy! Is it just resins from the leaf hops or is it infected?

P1010470.JPG

Its a AG ipa with 1oz of leaf hops in a bag. And my first time using whole hops for the dry hop.

Doubtful. Might just be the yeasties stirring up more trouble, or something like that. But my infections have never been visually noticeable. They end up showing themselves when I pour the beer into a glass.

Tell you what....throw that puppy into the back of your car and drive down here to Williamsburg, Va. I'll keg it up and taste test it for you to be certain it is Ok to drink. :D

In all seriousness, it looks fine to me. All fermentations are different, even for the same batch. Im surprised at some of the stuff I see floating on my beer. You know the saying.....Relax, dont worry, have a homebrew.

Everything will be fine. :mug:

Back