Is it time to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

OP
M

Mike's Brew and Brat

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Location
Fountain Valley, CA
i checked it twice. It was 1.002 It was just below the 1.00 line.I added 1/2 begian candy sugar to up ot a little. :drunk:

Great so I can bottle tommorw and brew my Pale Ale on Sunday! :ban:
 

El Pistolero

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 29, 2005
Messages
3,584
Reaction score
16
Location
Houston
Mike's Brew and Brat said:
I brewed a blonde on 3/11 OG was 1.050 racked to secondary 3/28 FG 1.002
No activity in arilock. Can I bottle this weekend, or should I wait?:confused:
You could bottle it now...but why would you want too? You went to the trouble to use a secondary, so why not give it at least a week, and two would be better. IMHO, if you're only gonna leave it three days in the secondary, than why even bother?
 

casebrew

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
856
Reaction score
8
Location
San Diego
Bottle bombs away!!!

If I read this right, he added 1/2 cup sugar to the secondary two days ago, and wants to bottle now, with more priming sugar?

I'd wait. For sedimentation/clarity, as well as to make sure the 1/2 cup has been eaten up. You do NOT want to double prime it.

But I may be too late, he may have pulled the pin already.
 

Sasquatch

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Messages
539
Reaction score
1
Yeah that sounds dubious. If you stick more sugar in a batch that's sitting at 1.002 it ain't sitting at 1.002 anymore. Ergo...
 
Top