is it ruined

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSatt

Reaction score
I did an extract lager that never started! Last Fri (5Dec) I brewed and left early in the morning on saturday. When I came home this morning I still had my original gravity reading and no sign of fermintation. It was at 41 degrees the entire time. Is it too late to try some new yeast?

Matt

May want to warm it up, and see if it starts, then slowly cool it. 41F seems pretty low, even for a lager yeast... If there is nothing growing in there, it is not too late.

Bump it up to 50 and see if anyhting gets started. You don't want it that cool for the main part of fermentation.

+1 50-60 degrees, and try agitating it a little (don't shake the crap outof it, just swirlit around a little bit).

+2 50-60 degrees.

Did my second lagar and ferment temps ran around 55 degress. Once it is fermented out, then lagar at the lower temps (40-45) before bottling/kegging.

Give it a try, whats the worst that could happen now?

Back