Is it possible to grow hops up a grapevine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearsWickedBrew

Reaction score
I could have it go up the huge root that starts the grapevine itself....or up 1 of the steel poles. But I was wondering...if the shade created by the grapvine would harm the hops...although the roots itself would be completetly exposed to sun. Also, could the hops impact the grapes taste...or vice versa?

I could have it go up the huge root that starts the grapevine itself....or up 1 of the steel poles. But I was wondering...if the shade created by the grapvine would harm the hops...although the roots itself would be completetly exposed to sun. Also, could the hops impact the grapes taste...or vice versa?

How far away from the grape vines would the hops be? The roots on both the grapes and the hops should be a good ways apart. (From what I have read in Vines to Wines)

I could plant at either the grapvine root...in which case they would be pretty much sitting on top of each other or I could plant at the base of one of the poles..which is probably 3ft away from the grapevine root. Not sure if the taste/flavor of 1 could impact the other tho.

Back