is it ok to move the fermenter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppedup

Reaction score
might seem like a silly question, but its just something ive never had to do. cause i always fermeneted in the basement in the past. for my current batch, i left it in the kitchen cause its a cal lager, but the next few days the weather supposed to get up to tripple digits, so i wanna move it to the basement instead of runnin the AC extra low just for the sake of the beer being upstairs. :)

the fermentation is tapering off as its day6, (1 blub every 15sec) but i dont want to risk anything if moving it can disturb something. its not like itll be swishing around or anything but im sure there will be some slight stirring up.

Moving it's not a problem. Just move it as gently as possible so as to minimize any splashing or stirring up of the trub. I always like to have my fermentor in its final resting place at least a day or two before racking so that the trub can resettle.

Back