Is it OK if I.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelero

Reaction score
I am making Jamil's Black Forest Stout and I have 6 kilos of fresh frozen wild cherries. I only have 5 gal glass carboys, so I was wondering-when initial fermentation subsides (like 7-10 days, right?), and I go to rack this onto the fruit, could I rack it into 2 5gal carboys, each with 3 kilos of cherries, and then add them both together again at bottling time? this way I wouldn't lose so much beer, since the fruit will take up quite a bit of carboy space. thanks for the help,
c

I've got a thirteen gallon primary that I did split. five gallons of the RIS went into the bottling bucket and the other five went into a five gallon secondary with oak. splitting batches is awesome if you are going to do something different to both!

sorry for the ambiguous title, but i have an unintentional knack for killing threads.thanks for the replies though. what would be a good thing to do with the other half?

Back