Is it me or does it taste better when you make it???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litl-76

Reaction score
Title says it all I've only made 3 extract kits so far but I think I've got the bug. Beer seems to be a lot like veggies if you how em they are better than what you can buy.

Glad to see you're enjoying your product :mug: j/k

At first I thought the beers I made were the best thing ever. Eventually I got a little more realistic, and now I'm harsher about my own beers than I am about commercial ones. For me, the ultimate mark of "I'm a good brewer" was when I could accurately duplicate the same beer every single time with no detectable variation. Until you can do that, it's as much luck as it is skill.

It is easy to love your beer, once you brew for a while you will learn more of critiquing of them and improving to your liking.:D

My friends seem to like my stuff more then I do. Maybe, since I know a lot about the details making it, I concentrate too much on how one aspect or another did or didn't turn out. I'm still developing my pallet for fine beers, so I feel I have a long way to go in developing my techniques and processes with soooooo many different ingredients.

I am a long way from proclaiming myself "awesome" at this, so I better just get my ass back to work. Lol

I liek to do a side by side with my beer and a "highly rated" commercial example of the same style when its ready. Gives me the ability to REALLY pick out what I do and don't like about my brew and what I'd like to change on the next run.

For me, the ultimate mark of "I'm a good brewer" was when I could accurately duplicate the same beer every single time with no detectable variation. Until you can do that, it's as much luck as it is skill.

I rarely make the same beer twice. There is so much variation out there to enjoy. When I do make a similar beer, I try and make it better.

I find faults in my beers, but I still prefer them to many commercials. I find a box of SA or SN lasts a long time as I usually reach for the homebrew.

Back