Is it done yet??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sykobrew

Reaction score
We are brewing an oatmeal stout, we started two weeks ago and it has stopped bubbling, but the hydrometer is still reading a 1.030 when it should be at 1.012-1.016. Is it safe to bottle or should we wait another week?

Hmmm. It should go a bit lower than 1.030. What was the recipe? Maybe you have lots of unfermentables in there, or maybe it's stuck. We'd need to see the ingredients to know. How long has it been at 1.030?

The recipe was from Brewers Best and by the looks of the recipe it should have only taken a week or so. We took a reading at 7days and it was at 1.036. As for the unfermentables there were 2.5lbs and we steeped to convert them.

The recipe was from Brewers Best and by the looks of the recipe it should have only taken a week or so. We took a reading at 7days and it was at 1.036. As for the unfermentables there were 2.5lbs and we steeped to convert them.

I would do a search if I were you, I wanted to do the BB Oatmeal Stout Extract, but decided to hold off after reading a bunch of post's regarding this kit having trouble with getting stuck.

Back