Is Coopers Ale Yeast GF?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donizee

Reaction score
I brewed up my first batch of GF beer for my wife who has Celiac and assumed all dry yeast was gluten free using Coopers Ale yeast but then didn't see it on the list in the Sticky list.

Can anyone let me know if this yeast is okay or am I going to consuming an entire batch of new brew by myself?

I haven't been able to confirm that it is gluten free, which is why it isn't on the list. If someone calls them to find out, let me know.

I'm happy to report that after having this beer a few times now my wife has not experienced any discomfort associated from gluten exposure.

I'm happy to report that after having this beer a few times now my wife has not experienced any discomfort associated from gluten exposure.

The same can be said of my wife and using White Labs yeasts...but that still doesn't mean they are gluten free :(

But it does mean they are delicious :)

Back