Is Austin homebrew site down?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboom

Reaction score
I haven't been able to access the Austin Homebrew site for weeks. Anyone know what's going on?

Kaboom said:
I haven't been able to access the Austin Homebrew site for weeks. Anyone know what's going on?

Hold down the shift key and press the refresh button on your browser. that may work.

I know the place works because I placed an order yesterday. :mug:

Wow, I still can't get it. Cleared cache, tried the shift thingy, and all of your links. I guess I can't complain too much... it is my work computer. I'll have to try at home and see what happens. Thanks for trying.

Maybe your IT Dept are a bunch of fizzy-yellow-beer drinking lugnuts that hate homebrew/microbrew/tastybrew and are blocking you from accessing that site.
:(

It's definitely not a block. It is made abundantly clear when you have tried to access something that is not considered appropriate. It's a "cannot find server" and this is the only site I've found that it's doing it with. I can't even get the google cached version to come up. I find that very odd too.

Haha! I'm with you there. I use firefox at home. But at work, I'm not messing with the IT folks. Even though firefox is probably pretty good, more programs means more vulnerabilities, and we take that very seriously.

BrewStef said:
Maybe your IT Dept are a bunch of fizzy-yellow-beer drinking lugnuts that hate homebrew/microbrew/tastybrew and are blocking you from accessing that site.
:(

I've been in IT since it was data processing & WE never decide what gets blocked, that's the Legal Department's bag of worms. Last job I was at, by the time a list was finalized, 60% of the sites were gone.

Back