is aseptox and like dangerous ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernie00

Reaction score
I was talking to a local craft brewers this week about a bottle problem I had https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/empty-bottles-problems-deposit-sidewalls-207872/

they were telling me they would never use products like aspeptox or other no rinse sanitiser like that for bottles.

They said it`s (sorry about my poor english) that it leaves a film deposit (even if you rinse after) and it is really bad in the long run for the colon and intestines...it destroys the micro organism that lives there and that is important and in the long run it could lead to problems or cancers. They would never use that in their bottles.

They said for sanitation I'd be better of using a little bleach and rinsing very well.

How do I know ?

I'm sure they were busy pitching you their organic malt at the same time.

No rinse sanitizers are hardly confined to the home brew market. They're used quite heavily in dairy for CIP. If there were issues it would have likely have shown themselves in the milk/dairy market by now.

thanks for the info. That's what I tought, it's so commonly used there must have been some info on it.

They were talking about the sulfuric acid used in these products that were bad for you.

I like to collect as much information as possible and keep on learning... still a lot to learn !

thanks

Back