Is anyone using a "Countdown Timer"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim4065

Reaction score
I'm in the middle to late stages of building an electric brewstand that uses 10 gallon coolers (like The Pol's) and I really want to include a "timer" or "alarm clock" to tell me when a step-mash stage is finished and to get on with the next. The device needs to be panel mounted, run on 110 volts, trigger a LOUD alarm, and be no more than 3" deep. Auber has a $35 "super-timer" which will do all sorts of things, but I'd like something simpler and cheaper if possible. Lots of great timers on ebay - but they're either too long (Red Lion) or too much money. "Kitchen" timers all include a very weak alarm, (like a wrist watch), which won't get my attention in the shop. Ideas, please?

I brew inside.... timer at my stove/ofen is as loud as a smokedetector.
for outside: simply set a timer on your cell/i-phone? works like a charme

Well, I have a laptop available, but I really don't want to have to mess with it out on the shop porch. Looks like I'll end up buying the Auber timer and a Radio Shack buzzer.

Back