Is $80 for a 20 gal aluminum pot a good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavius

Reaction score
Brewing enough for 3 x 5-gall batches would be a good thing.

I've found someone who wants $80 for a 20 gall aluminum pot with lid.

Just wondering if this is a good deal or not.

I bought an 8 gal aluminum pot for $40 and love it. It has plenty of room for a 5-gallon batch.

IMO, if you are looking to do large batches, that pot is a great deal. There are obvious advantages of using stainless steel, but I have had no issues with my aluminum pot

Yes i would say it would be a fair deal for a basic 80 qt. pot. and a steal for a quality heavy duty kettle. Without more info...only a guess.

I found an 8 gal. aluminum pot at Walmart for around 22. Price varies ALOT depending on the thickness of the pot.

so why dont you just get a keggle? i know its only 15 gal but it will last forever, its cheaper and they look sweet. just thought id mention that.

so why dont you just get a keggle? i know its only 15 gal but it will last forever, its cheaper and they look sweet. just thought id mention that.

One downside to a keggle is that they take significantly more energy to heat. Both because they're stainless, and because the bottom of the keggle is much higher than the bottom of a pot.

Back