Irma hurricane brought me to Tennessee from Florida.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello there!
I came from South Florida to Pigeon Forge (Gatlinsburg), Tennessee because of Irma and while i'm here I wanted to visit some good local breweries and homebrew stores. I found some store in Knoxville, will visit it later today or tomorrow morning. It is about 20-22 miles from the place where we are. But with local traffic it takes about 1 hour to get that store.
So if any locals reading this, please suggest some places to visit.
Thank you!

Stop by Southern Prohibition in Hattiesburg, MS on your way home. Try a MS Fire Ant Imperial Red Ale one of my favorite local beers. Sorry, don't know anywhere in TN.

Jturman35
Thanks for reply, but it is way too far from me or my way back to Hollywood, FL.
Btw, in local Publix store i found very good beer, Red Trail Ale, Red IPA (Blackstone Brewing, Tennessee).

Smokey Mountain Brewery in Gatlinburg can surely use a boost after the big fire up there. I think it`s more a brew pub.

not much in pigeon forge. Might want to try Bluetick in Maryville, or one of the other breweries in Knoxville. Better option is to drive over the mountain and hit all the good stuff in Asheville. PS Food City has about the best selection in PF (which isn't saying much).

I was just up there this summer. (again) There is not much from local brewers. In Pigeon Forge, next to a bbq place is a craft beer store.

I am not trying to knock the store or the location. Yee haw, to me, is undrinkable.
Smokey Mountain Brewery (they have more than one location, I went to the one near the end of the strip in Gatlinsburg), the beer was a nice treat for being local, but still not what I would expect. I drink lights, pale ales, ipa's, so take that in mind.

trying to remember the name of the Cajun restaurant I highly recommend. It'll come to me and I'll post it up.

Well, i went to that place this evening. Beer was good, bad thing that they ran out 3 of 10 styles tonight, also my wife was pissed at me because i was with two kids and friend of mine who was with his wife and kid also (i went to the bar with friend).
So we ordered just samplers when my wife came into the bar with question why i am still here? (Btw it was jut 5 minutes after i left her with kids...) So, i decided to not ruin our evening and bought 12 bottles of what they have to go. This was Pale ale and black bear ale. I wanted to by IPA, but not my lucky day. Ok. Both beers were good. I am not telling they are were perfect, but pretty descent and good balanced beers.
Probably i will take some with me to share it with my neighbor, who is watching for my house while i am here in Tennessee.
Thank you guys for sharing this info with me.

Back