Irish Moss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarson83

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you add irish moss and if its style dependent. I've been switching it up on my IPA that I've done six batches of so far and haven't noticed any difference.

I forget it about half of the time, and I definitely notice in my lighter colored brews! The paler the beer, the more it seems to be noticeable. When I did extracts, I didn't really notice it much but with AG it takes lots longer to clear without the IM.

Yooper Chick said:
I forget it about half of the time, and I definitely notice in my lighter colored brews! The paler the beer, the more it seems to be noticeable. When I did extracts, I didn't really notice it much but with AG it takes lots longer to clear without the IM.

Think you might not be using enough? I could never see that it helped ever until I added 2tsp (double the recommended) to my last brew and it was ridiculously clear when racking to secondary. It was a risk I guess but I taste no fish!

Back