Quantcast

Ireland

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Reaction score
I just got back from a trip to Ireland where the social structure is basically based around the local pubs. Of all the places I visited, my favorite by far was Dirty Nelly's in Bunratty, near Limerick. Great beer, great music, unbeatable atmosphere, and wonderful, friendly people. If you ever find yourself across the pond, don't miss a chance to check it out.

GreenwoodRover

me-no-r-no Nice Guy
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I was at nellies about a 10yrs ago. IMO it was a tourist trap.
The best times I had were at local establishments, especailly after they turned the lights real low and shuttered the windows after the official closing time. Even my counsins that had taken "the oath" were there to socailize...

btirving

Reaction score
Durty Nellies was great to stop in for tourist value, but I had the best of times at my local pubs in Galway that had free music most nights of the week.

Overall very friendly city...one of the greatest places on this planet.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
There's a great one in Galway called Taffe's. I got pretty good and drunk there and the trad was excellent, just don't request Rocky Road to Dublin there.

danorocks17

Reaction score
Brazen Head is cool because it's the oldest pub in europe i think. My favorite watering hole in Dublin was a pub just down the street from our house called the Portobello. It was really close and never too terribly crowded. If you want a good Heavy Metal bar Fibber McGee's was pretty cool on a saturday night. I wish I could remember all the awesome places to drink there but that's been many years and beers ago