Ireland Next Week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beeropolis

Reaction score
I'm sure it's been asked many times before...

Im headed to Dublin, Cork, Galway, and Cong next week and plan to go to Bull and Castle, Porterhouse, Guinness, and Jamison. Is there any other beer places I "need" to go to while there?

Also, is there any must have bottles of Whisky, Absinthe, etc. that I can only get across the pond that I absolutely have to pick up?

Thanks.

If you are looking for fish and chips in Dublin check out Leo Burdocks. One of the best I had in either England or Ireland while I was over there.

I actually went to school in Limerick for the summer in 2005.

You're pretty much doing all the beer stuff you can in Ireland except for maybe looking at a micro in Dublin. You need to try some Cork Dry Gin, it's the only gin I've ever really enjoyed. Also, make sure to get an Irish coffee or two since they're made with Powers whiskey and not Jamison like over here.

Middleton Distillery outside of Cork is a good visit. Guiness is kinda lame, but a must-do as a tourist. Actually kinda glance over the whole tour part and to to the top for your pint and enjoy the view.

I'm sure it's been asked many times before...

Im headed to Dublin, Cork, Galway, and Cong next week and plan to go to Bull and Castle, Porterhouse, Guinness, and Jamison. Is there any other beer places I "need" to go to while there?

Also, is there any must have bottles of Whisky, Absinthe, etc. that I can only get across the pond that I absolutely have to pick up?

Thanks.

Definitely go to the Temple Bar area while in Dublin. The nightlife is awesome! Lot's of great pubs with live music.

The Porterhouse is amazing but get there early if you want to eat! There is no waiting list (i.e. first come first serve) and a lot of people just chill at the tables after they are done eating so its difficult to get a table.

Guinness was awesome as well.

Have a great time! I just went in November and had a blast. Unfortunately, I was there during the floods so was unable to go to Galway and Cork.

I managed to hit those 4 hotspots. The coolest thing about Bull and Castle is that you can buy beer there "to go" and take it back to your hotel room. One of very few places I found that sold decent beer.

9%20Dublin%20018%20%28Custom%29.jpg

9%20Dublin%20078%20%28Custom%29.jpg

9%20Dublin%20080%20%28Custom%29.jpg

10%20Guiness%20tour%20051%20%28Custom%29.jpg

Damn, I could go for a nice draught right about now!

I spent last May in Ireland, in Galway the Spanish Bar and Hotel has the best music, and Galway has its own local brewery which is worth a look. Don't pronounce your "th's". If you gonna bring anything back, get a 5th of 25 year old black label Jameson, can't get it here unless over the net. Galway is a blast. I wish I had made it to Dublin, but I had the stomic flu the weekend my roommates went.

Raise a glass for me will you, I will get back to Ireland one day, and I will never come back home.

Go to the Brazen Head in Dublin. I liked that place the best there. Every night I went there were cool people to talk with. on Bridge St. Lower. Just a couple blocks west of the Temple Bar District. The tours of Guinness and Jameson weren't that great imo. They are museums rather than the actual brewery. BUt, try to go to the Brazen Head if you can, it claims to be the oldest pub something around 1120 maybe established.

Back