iPod "Touch"...16gb? WTF is Apple thinking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just playing devil's advocate, but, unless Apple uses the CC# for clandestine purposes, how do they "stick it to" their customers? I admit, it's a stupid requirement, but if it were me, I'd just enter my # and not use it for anything. But then, maybe you and your friend are a couple of those tin-foil-hat gold standard folks who walk around trying to pay their bills in gold bullion. ;) :p

RichBrewer said:
It wouldn't let us get past the credit card requirement. When he went back to the store where he purchased it they told him that it was indeed a requirement.

iPhone activation requires an Internet connection; an iTunes Store account or a major credit card; a valid Social Security number (as required by AT&T);
http://www.apple.com/iphone/pr/20070626activate.html

yup...you have to have an iTunes account, which basically requires a credit card...or a credit card :)

So, to change the subject a little bit...

I have a 60gb video ipod. Great condition, works fine except the firewire charging feature is not working (only really important if you dock it on a 3rd party speaker, etc.) If I were to get a 160gb ipod classic, how much do you think I could get for my used 60gb one?

Evan, considering the charging issue and depending on the cosmetic condition, I'll bet you could get somewhere in the neighborhood or $150 for it, give or take.

Evan! said:
So, to change the subject a little bit...

I have a 60gb video ipod. Great condition, works fine except the firewire charging feature is not working (only really important if you dock it on a 3rd party speaker, etc.) If I were to get a 160gb ipod classic, how much do you think I could get for my used 60gb one?

I usually just check the going rate on ebay for an equivalent

Everything's been smooth so far. Only problem as yet is that iPod games that you purchased from iTMS for the 5g video iPod (Sudoku, in my case) don't work with the classic. Not sure why. Hopefully they'll fix it with a firmware update or something. Otherwise, I love the new interface...and I love the freedom of re-checking all those songs in my library that I had to uncheck because I was out of space on my 60gb.

I still use my 10g 1st gen iPod - works like a champ! Doesn't hold my entire collection of course, but more than enough to not get boring.

EDIT: My brewbabe just surprised me with a brand new 80GB iPod Classic! Woohoo!

this is a funny thread looking back in time. complaints about stock dropping and thinking the world cant get better than a 160gb ipod classic. lol.

Back