Ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big supper

Reaction score
Me and brew-buddy were looking forward to our first AG this weekend...unfortunately our electric system won't be ready for 2-3 weeks. So we are stuck with the extract.:( (although we have been happy with our beer so far)

Anyway.........I was thinking of utilizing the MLT that I built to do a PM IPA.

Feed back is wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grains

3 lbs 2-row
2lbs Munich
1lb Crystal 70-80
.5lb Carapils

Mash at 154 ---- 60 min

6.6 lbs Pale LME (end of boil)

1 oz Galena (13%) 60min
1.5 oz Casacade (5%) 20 min
1.5 oz Cascade 7 min
1 oz Cascade Dry hop

Nottingham or US-56

I am not sure about the Galena, I mostly chose it as a bang for buck!!!!

I originally had put 1 oz of Cascade at 30min but decided to split it later in the boil?

Is 2lbs munich too much....or could I up it to 3lbs and use less 2 row?

Thanks

Looks like a pretty good IPA to me, I'd stick with the 2 pounds of Munich. I'd also go with the 2 late additions of Cascade like you have now.

I was just thinking................Should I be having more variety in my hops? or keep it simple?

Looks good as is. You could add more hop variety but if you are going to keep it simple nothing better than cascade IMO

I wouldn't mess with the hop schedule either. That should prove to be a solid hop bill.

The only thing I would change about the hops is to add another ounce for dry hopping. Now, if you want to add another ounce of something else then, that's up to you.

TL

Back