IPA won't stop bubbling.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On 10/25/15, I brewed an IPA with a SG of 1.058, cooled to 66°F, and pitched 1 pack of US-05 that I rehydrated in a cup of boiled, cooled water. No visible activity for 20 hours, then I was at work for 8 hours, when I returned it was blowing out the blow-out tube. Blew off for 3 days, calmed down, I put on a airlock. On day 8, I dry hopped with 1oz of Falconers Flight. Just dumped the pellets in. On 11/10/15, gravity was 1.018, but still getting a bubble through s-shaped airlock every 15 seconds. On 11/12/15, gravity was 1.018, still bubbling. Just looked in on it, still bubbling. Tomorrow I'm kegging a different beer and I'll check the gravity then. My question is should I just cold crash it with it still bubbling and the gravity stable, or just let it sit till it quits bubbling on its own? Of course, if the gravity has dropped lower than 1.018, I'll let it sit.

On 10/25/15, I brewed an IPA with a SG of 1.058, cooled to 66°F, and pitched 1 pack of US-05 that I rehydrated in a cup of boiled, cooled water. No visible activity for 20 hours, then I was at work for 8 hours, when I returned it was blowing out the blow-out tube. Blew off for 3 days, calmed down, I put on a airlock. On day 8, I dry hopped with 1oz of Falconers Flight. Just dumped the pellets in. On 11/10/15, gravity was 1.018, but still getting a bubble through s-shaped airlock every 15 seconds. On 11/12/15, gravity was 1.018, still bubbling. Just looked in on it, still bubbling. Tomorrow I'm kegging a different beer and I'll check the gravity then. My question is should I just cold crash it with it still bubbling and the gravity stable, or just let it sit till it quits bubbling on its own? Of course, if the gravity has dropped lower than 1.018, I'll let it sit.

Yes, if the gravity isn't changing, it's done.

Back