IPA Recipe Opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrgtr42

Reaction score
So here I am with a pile of ingredients, and I'm trying to determine what to do for a hop schedule.
I have a grist of 13lbs Munich malt, with 1lb of Crystal 40. I've used that grist before and like what it brings to the table.
I have a pack of 1056 in starter.
I have a total of 3oz homegrown Newport hops for bittering (won't use the whole thing, probably about an ounce and a half.)
I have 2 oz each of Cascade, Falconers Flight, Citra, and Mosaic.
I'm thinking save the Cascade for dryhop, about 7 days before bottling.
Any ideas what I should do with the rest? Thinking of basically hop-bursting, most of them with 10 minutes or less in the boil, plus a hop stand before chilling.
Can anyone give a recommendation when I should put in the others, and how much of each.
One consideration is to mix them all up, and split into 3 additions.
Thoughts?

I'd use all the Munich and wouldn't even bother with the crystal; mash at 148 or maybe as high as 152 if you want a bit of body; bitter with Newport to desired IBU; do some flavor additions hop-bomb style (5 min) with Falconers, Citra, and Mosaic; aroma Cascade, Falcon, Mosaic.

What the hell, why not.

Back