Intertap Flow Control Shank Compatability

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustusLiebig

Reaction score
Hey all,
Looking for some stainless steel shanks to go with some SS Intertap FC that I'm installing on a flat-faced T-tower. I'm installing enough that I'd like to save by getting non-Intertap shanks. However, there's a little bit of confusion for me here. I have heard that the Perlick FC faucets make them incompatible with a lot of shanks. Do the SS Intertap FC faucets also have issues? I've heard some places that they should work with any standard shank, so I might be able to use something like a kegco shank and they will match up. Also, if I get a bent barb, do they rotate, or when the faucet is orientated, will they be stuck in the downward-facing position? Since I have a T-tower, I'd like the barbs to face inward. Then again, I'm not sure if I should even get a bent barb, since it might be easier to clean the shank with a straight barb.
Thank you for your help!

Hey all,
Looking for some stainless steel shanks to go with some SS Intertap FC that I'm installing on a flat-faced T-tower. I'm installing enough that I'd like to save by getting non-Intertap shanks. However, there's a little bit of confusion for me here. I have heard that the Perlick FC faucets make them incompatible with a lot of shanks. Do the SS Intertap FC faucets also have issues? I've heard some places that they should work with any standard shank, so I might be able to use something like a kegco shank and they will match up. Also, if I get a bent barb, do they rotate, or when the faucet is orientated, will they be stuck in the downward-facing position? Since I have a T-tower, I'd like the barbs to face inward. Then again, I'm not sure if I should even get a bent barb, since it might be easier to clean the shank with a straight barb.
Thank you for your help!

I currently have the Intertap SS shank, but I previously had an Intertap FC on a non-Intertap, non-SS shank with no problem. Don't actually remember the manufacturer of that shank, but at least it shows they have compatibility beyond the brand.

I currently have the Intertap SS shank, but I previously had an Intertap FC on a non-Intertap, non-SS shank with no problem. Don't actually remember the manufacturer of that shank, but at least it shows they have compatibility beyond the brand.
Thanks, at least that's something!
Does anyone else have experience with Intertap flow control faucets with off-brand shanks?

Also, if I get a bent barb, do they rotate, or when the faucet is orientated, will they be stuck in the downward-facing position? Since I have a T-tower, I'd like the barbs to face inward. Then again, I'm not sure if I should even get a bent barb, since it might be easier to clean the shank with a straight barb.
Don't know if you have enough space inside the T and tower for using Bev-Seal Ultra 235 line and John Guest push-fit adapters? Especially having a lot of taps with not much flow through them from day to day.

Don't know if you have enough space inside the T and tower for using Bev-Seal Ultra 235 line and John Guest push-fit adapters? Especially having a lot of taps with not much flow through them from day to day.
I think there would be room if I chose that route. I am torn between bev-seal ultra and just using the EJ Silver Barrier. It seems like bev-seal lasts longer, but requires a ton of line and fitting conversions.

I think there would be room if I chose that route. I am torn between bev-seal ultra and just using the EJ Silver Barrier. It seems like bev-seal lasts longer, but requires a ton of line and fitting conversions.
EJ's silver barrier (even their Ultra version) is not performing as they may make you believe, look around. It's still vinyl line.
Bev-Seal Ultra 235 for the win at $0.35 a foot! You will need somewhat longer lines (15-18'), just coil them up. Easy to clean, and flavor neutral with no oxidation due to the glass-like PET liner inside. John Guest fittings make it easy to connect/disconnect. Use those Right-Angle Adapters to your advantage.

Agreed. Nobody knows anything of value wrt the EJ lines as all of them use their proprietary material mix, and the little performance data available shows they're only incrementally better than solid PVC wrt O2 ingress. When I reline my keezer I'll be switching to Ultra 235...

Cheers!

Back