Interest in 375ml champagne bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokinghole

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If someone were retailing 375mL bottles for a reasonable price would you guys buy them? I make a lot of belgians and started making a bunch of sours. Normally I would just buy a case at the store drink it down, and call it done. However with the beers that are bottled up in these types of bottles that's a bit cost prohibitive. I have a decent amount on hand that I've personally drank but if I could buy a case to three at a time I'd be a happier guy.

Would you guys buy 375ml champagne bottles? I searched high and low for a retailer to the homebrew crowd and could not find any.

If I could find them, I would buy them in a heartbeat. I hate having to drink a whole 750ml bottle of my sours, so it would be nice to have smaller sizes.

I am seriously considering buying a whole pallet if a bottle supplier will sell them to me, along with cases. I will keep what I want/need and then sell the rest off. Now this is a lot of bottles. The pallet is 1834 bottles. If divided up into cases that'd be 76 cases worth with a hand full of loose bottles. My dad and I are both considering this. I just want to know before we go buying a pallet of glass and I lay out money that there's a demand.

There would need to be more than just you and I interested. I would go through the proper channels get a tax ID and all that jazz to do this. I figure between the two of us the most we'd realistically eat up would be 12 of the 76 cases. I'm still waiting on a lot of information before moving forward.

There is a very real chance the bottle company ended communication with me. So either they ended communication, or they are seriously researching my other bottle requests to possibly have 3L and larger bottles for sale. I love big bottles and figure if I had a pallet of a couple sizes other zany homebrewers like me might buy a few.

I was going to start another thread on this but figured smokinghole might still be considering this.

So bump for the fact Im looking for the same thing.

In the most recent BTV episode, Dawson mentioned that Northern Brewer would be carrying the 375ml bottles that RR and Lost Abbey have made so popular. He mentioned late March Early April so lets keep a look out.

I honestly cannot believe these arent more readily available, Im in the market for ~4 cases.

Good idea to update. I heard the same thing but forgot about this thread. I'm in the market for like six cases. As much as I want to order a pallet and do this, my wife is strongly opposed.

I was going to start a thread on NB's forum's but I'll just be a bit more patient I guess.

Let me know if you hear of anything.

I just drink a bunch of russian river and lost abbey sours and keep the bottles, not the most cost effective way but it certainly works for me.

I'd love to get some of the bottles if we can get them in a black finish (flat black preferred). I have yet to locate anyplace where I can purchase those. I'd even get a champagne floor corker if I could get those bottles.

RR and Lost Abbey bottles run me anywhere from $12-$30/bottle, dont get me wrong I buy their beers from time to time but thats alot of $$ and alot of time.

I'd love to get some of the bottles if we can get them in a black finish (flat black preferred). I have yet to locate anyplace where I can purchase those. I'd even get a champagne floor corker if I could get those bottles.

I've bought a spanish sparkling wine that's pretty decent with a frosted(flat) brown bottle that's almost black. If you want flat black bottles I suggest you go out and buy a can of krylon. I've spray painted clear bottles with flat black paint in the past. I just cap it with a 29mm cap to make sure none makes it into the bottle.

I called Northern Brewer yesterday to see if they had a date these might be available but he said he wasnt sure. He did say that as soon as they get them they will be posted on the website the same day but he didnt know when the shipping date was.

I have a baby due at the end of the month and 15 gallons of sour and bretted beer Id like to put in these asap so hopefully its sooner rather than later.

i'm in for a couple cases- i'll make the drive to h-burg. explaining to my wife that i need another case of oud beersl at shangy's because i have to bottle beer i made to save money is tearing my marriage apart...

RR and Lost Abbey bottles run me anywhere from $12-$30/bottle, dont get me wrong I buy their beers from time to time but thats alot of $$ and alot of time.

Wegmans has Damnation for $6.99 a bottle. Saw that for $7.99 at the Beer Store in Southampton.

Yea I could do some shopping around a bit, the prices I was quoting are from the Foodery which is my local bottle shop in Northern Liberties. The place is an absolute rip off but has an amazing selection.

you can put me down for 72 bottles too, if you are still doing a count - i know i sadi a couple of cases, but i can swing that. Is this still on the radar?

I don't think smokinghole planning on buy a palate anymore. The most recent update is that NB is going to be carrying them sometime in April. I check every morning, once I see it I'll share the info.

Didnt think 2-3 days was considered old news but ok, sorry for being so slow. I just figured I would notify the thread just in case people missed it.

Rebel has then for the same price now. Glad I didn't order mine yet. I actually prefer to cork them more for effect but also for knowing how well they seal. I've had brew in Belgian bottles, with corks and cages, for over a year without any issue. Def. getting these to bottle some of my wee heavy, old ale a d maybe my mocha porter. :D

Rebel Brewer is issuing store credit for those that had preordered at the higher price. As far as I can tell you can cork in the crown finish bottles as well. There's plenty of a lip for your cage to tighten around. I just don't know if they glass is less thick or if the bottle mouth is sized differently.

The NB crown versions say that they are rated for highly carbonated beers. I had Rebel cancel my order, I went with 6 cases of the NB crown capped version. I should be using some middle of next week for a Golden strong w/brett L.

Coff, the ones from Rebel Brewer would have had zero issue with highly carbonated brews. That's one if the features of Belgian beers, which these are made for. Its also why you use corks and cages instead of caps. The cork and cage method can withstand very high pressures.

I'm still planning on getting my order placed before they come in. I still plan to get them from Rebel too.

Just got giggles and sparging, I checked the end cost for both vendors (NB and Rebel)... I'll get it at least one day sooner from Rebel (selected UPS ground shipping) at a lower cost. NB has shipping at $26.34 where Rebel has it at $19.70 (the year I was born too... hmmmmm)... That was for three cases of the bottles from either vendor. I can't see needing more than three cases of these for some time. I'll use them for some of my bigger brews, along with the 750ml Belgian bottles I have (to share a bottle with one or two people).

The NB crown versions say that they are rated for highly carbonated beers. I had Rebel cancel my order, I went with 6 cases of the NB crown capped version. I should be using some middle of next week for a Golden strong w/brett L.

They're the same bottle, and same weight. One accepts a crown and one is cork only. One is not stronger than the other.

Coff, the ones from Rebel Brewer would have had zero issue with highly carbonated brews. That's one if the features of Belgian beers, which these are made for. Its also why you use corks and cages instead of caps. The cork and cage method can withstand very high pressures.

I understand that, but I was checking on the crowned versions of the same bottles. I had called NB to confirm that day.

Back