Installing a Perlick faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theQ

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Nostalgia kegorator. Worked great but never liked the original faucet. Was sticky, had too many parts, seemed flimsy etc.

So I went and got nice Perlick faucet. When to install it I realized that the collar doesn't catches threads, the faucet seems to not enter the groves.

Is there a trick to install it ?!

Thanks,
Q

Maybe. A friend of mine has a Danby kegerator and ran into a similar issue trying to install a Perlick on it. It didn't fit on the shank. Hopefully, that's not the case with yours.

Maybe. A friend of mine has a Danby kegerator and ran into a similar issue trying to install a Perlick on it. It didn't fit on the shank. Hopefully, that's not the case with yours.

Eek. I was looking at a Danby kegerator, and was planning to upgrade to Perlick faucets (although now I'm looking at Vent-Matic instead) down the line. They're not compatible with Perlick? Can the shanks be changed?

Eek. I was looking at a Danby kegerator, and was planning to upgrade to Perlick faucets (although now I'm looking at Vent-Matic instead) down the line. They're not compatible with Perlick? Can the shanks be changed?

I don't know for sure, as I didn't actually see it. I'm just going by what my buddy told me after I loaned him a 650SS to see if he liked the flow control faucet for controlling foam. He brought it back and told me that he couldn't get it to thread on the shank. Maybe he's just inept at installing faucets, though he is rather mechanically inclined, so my first assumption is that the faucet and shank really were not compatible.

As far as I know, you should be able to swap out the shanks if that is really what needs to happen. Maybe someone who has a Danby and was able to put a Perlick on it will see this thread and speak up.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I can't imagine they have proprietary taps and shanks. That would be ridiculous.
I can tell you for sure the Danby unit will take a per lick faucet on its standard shank.

I liked my Oerlicks but love my Vent-matics!
Have switched all my taps out. No leaks either

I liked my Perlicks but love my Vent-matics!
Have switched all my taps out. No leaks either

It finally worked great. I had to change the location of the gasket. the perlick comes with a rubber oring that's inside of the perlick. I took that out and I placed it on the shank. Was a bit tough to screw the colar on but much better than not being able to screw it on with the oring inside.

Back