installed wrong orifice on Honeywell q314a pilot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trub quaffer

Reaction score
The documentation on these pilots indicates that you need a new compression fitting when changing out the orifice. I wasn't sure which orifice to use but my pilot looks like a flame-thrower so I obviously installed the wrong one. Can you find these compression fittings at a hardware store or am I going to have to buy another pilot to get the new fitting?

You can try to reuse it or you can pick them up at Johnstone Supply or Graingers. You can also find them on Ebay or Pex Supply on-line.

Thanks for the response de3isit. For the rest of you- I know it sounds like a funny problem, but if you have ever used the wrong orifice, you know that this is a serious problem that needs to be RECTified in short order. Considering your comments, I have no choice BUTT to ASSume that you have not personally been affected by this issue. :D:D:D

Back