Insignia Kegerator Temperature Drift

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemanach

Reaction score
I have an Insignia kegerator that I put a coffin top on to make it a 4 tap kegerator. Last week I had some bottles sitting on the floor and they were freezing so I put a small bottle of liquor in there so I could measure temps. I was sitting around 20F with the dial set to 4.3 out of 5. So I turned it down to 4 and the temp went to 43F for a couple days. I set it back to 4.3 and then it was sitting around 39-41F for 5 days. I just measured the temps again and I’m seeing 30F. I have a fan blowing air into a path up through the coffin and back down into the fridge.

Does anyone else have problems like this with their kegerators? I could put a temperature controller on it and leave the kegerator at the coldest setting but I feel like I shouldn’t need to.

Mine just started doing this recently as well. I have a two tap tower on the top of it. No idea what caused it to go rogue like this but it’s been so cold in there that a keg of Miller light froze solid. I hate how the temperature dial is in the back as I’m running this as an under counter, knowing that it’s not built for that, but the price was right. I guess you get what you pay for. Now I’m not sure if I want to disassemble and turn the dial up but I do recall last time I did that it was either super cold or super warm and there was no happy medium. Let me know if you ever found a solution. I do like your idea of modifying this to put some sort of remote temperature control on it but I don’t know if I’m handy enough to go through all of that.

@Nemanach hasn't been around these parts in a while...

1693244853233.png

Back