Inline Aeration Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiquidFlame

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

Just finished building my inline aeration system that will use the red O2 cans. I'm going to be using it tomorrow and I wanted to get some input. I've read a couple different methods on aerating your wort before pitching your yeast, but I wasn't sure what I was planning on doing was correct. I planed on cooling the wort down to proper temperature using my chill plate while recirculating, and then once I've reached my temperature I would turn the O2 on and let that go for 90 seconds while the wort recirculates. Does this seem ok? Also do I have to worry about the wort back-flowing to the red O2 can?

IMG_20131122_232149_227_zps7e43ee48.jpg

Thanks.

I put an inline O2 stone right before a sight glass so I can see the bubbles. LOL. I route the wort from the plate chiller to the sight glass passing the diffuser stone. I turn on the O2 for about a minute or two while filling the fermentor.

I use a check valve I got from McMaster to prevent back flow.

mcl said:
I use a check valve I got from McMaster to prevent back flow.

Please post a link. I ended up using a 1/2" plug in the tee when I am not aerating. I had wort passing through the stone into the O2 line

Back