Inkscape/Gimp Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcleanwell

Reaction score
I'm currently drawing up a logo using Inkscape. I then want to use The Gimp to combine all the pieces and tweak it.

I used Inkscape to add text to one of the pieces. However when I open that part in Gimp, the text is covered by a solid black box. Anyone know how to fix this? It's as if Gimp can't reproduce or recognize the font.

I have never used Inkscape, but I am wondering what it would do if you save it as a different file. Like save it as a Jpg file and then open it with GIMP. I'm just throwing out ideas.....:eek:

Thanks for the advice. I finally figured out that you can "export" a file as a png from Inkscape.

Here's what I was working on:
29g29mh.png

I would make room so that that "Co" wasn't touching the "P" in "Spade"

I like the logo/name

Well, you already found the answer I was going to suggest. That is what I do when using both programs together.
The logo looks nice by the way. Move the second line of text a little and you will be good to go.

Latest posts

Back