Inkbird ITC-308 Too good to be true?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadConPana

Reaction score
While shopping Amazon for the STC-1000, project box, etc. that I would need to build a temperature controller, I came across the Inkbird ITC-308 for $38.50 with free Prime shipping. I doubt a DIY controller would save me much more than 10 bucks.

I keep coming back,however, to the old saying,"If it seems too good to be true..." There are positive reviews on Amazon from people using this for a fermentation chamber. I just want to make sure nobody has had any bad experiences with this.

Here's a link to the product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm satisfied with mine.

IMG_0383.jpg

With this posting InkBird offered 80% discount on an ITC-308 for review. So, I respond and ordered an EU outlet version

Here is my review:
It was delivered at my home within 3 days. Packed well protected in an extra box. The manual is clear and easy to understand. No questions left on how to operate this device.

I did test it with and compared it with an STC-1000 from an unkown brand.
The device was easy to calibrate to zero in melting ice-cubes. I warmed the two probes together in my hand and cooled them again in ice-water a number of times. The temperatures and switch moments were only a few tenth of degrees Celius from each other.
After that I connected the ITC-308 to my fermenting fridge while fermenting beer. It works OK so far. Set one alarm on a critical value, to see when the alarm was active. This also worked OK.
Ofcourse I opened the device to see how the internal wiring was done and took some pictures of the device.

GehbZx3l.jpg

y0Jtk6Rl.jpg

sH3fb1Il.jpg

My overall conclusion:
It is a solid build device and CE certified. With the same specifications as an STC-1000. But it has a low and high temperature alarm as extra. Very handy. All you need for a plug and play fermenting fridge. The price is almost the same of a STC-1000 plus all the components to box it. But it saves you all the DIY stuff and wiring. For me it is an affordable alternative for a STC-1000. I am quite happy with it.

Back