inkbird 308 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joewalla88

Reaction score
Do the Inkbird 308, or thermostats of that type, risk wearing out the inner workings of the freezer or fridge that are plugged into it? I was just wondering how that works out. Thanks!

Do the Inkbird 308, or thermostats of that type, risk wearing out the inner workings of the freezer or fridge that are plugged into it? I was just wondering how that works out. Thanks!
The refrigerator or freezer will have its own built in compressor delay to prevent short cycling, and the Inkbird and others also have such a delay, so double protection.

Inkbird temp controllers are super reliable and very well made units, but take care not to pinch or crimp the temp probe cable where it enters the refrigerator. It's worth picking a safe place for it to enter and make a notch in the seal if necessary to avoid squeezing the wire. I just had mine sloppily hanging over the side into the basket and a tightly pinched 90 degree bend ended up shorting out my probe. I thought the wire was tougher than it is and learned that the hard way when my monster can fridge went haywire and froze a bunch of bottles.

Inkbird temp controllers are super reliable and very well made units, but take care not to pinch or crimp the temp probe cable where it enters the refrigerator. It's worth picking a safe place for it to enter and make a notch in the seal if necessary to avoid squeezing the wire. I just had mine sloppily hanging over the side into the basket and a tightly pinched 90 degree bend ended up shorting out my probe. I thought the wire was tougher than it is and learned that the hard way when my monster can fridge went haywire and froze a bunch of bottles.
Thanks for the heads up!

Just set the inkbird for a 10 minute compressor delay.
Cool, thanks. I just picked up the freezer yesterday and ordered the ink bird. Can't wait. I've just been fermenting in the basement all these years, but now I'll be able to just keep everything in one place out in the garage. Carrying full buckets up and down the stairs to the back room gets to be a huge pain.

Back