Ingredients..??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyb15fd

Reaction score
I am still on my first batch but I am already looking for a second batch to make. I wanted to do an orange,honey wheat beer.. Do you use real oranges or just the zest? When do I add the honey and the orange..? Does it get added when I am boiling or does it get added to the fermentation bucket..?
Thanks for all the advise.. HBT ROCKS!!!!!!
AB

I am still on my first batch but I am already looking for a second batch to make. I wanted to do an orange,honey wheat beer.. Do you use real oranges or just the zest? When do I add the honey and the orange..? Does it get added when I am boiling or does it get added to the fermentation bucket..?
Thanks for all the advise.. HBT ROCKS!!!!!!
AB

What does your recipe suggest? If you don't have a recipe and are designing your own search for other fruit beer recipes and find out how they handle those ingredients.

Here's a link to a kit. I'll bet your LHBS can help you build this recipe. I modified my Cherry wheat ale in Beertools but, it doesn't help me figure out how much orange peel and honey to add flavor wise.

Yeah, I didnt have a recipe, just an idea.. I will look online for a recipe

In my experience, the database of recipes here on hbt is more reliably good than many other online resources. Its a great jumping off point. Scroll down the hbt home page and you'll find a section called the recipe database, divided into many subforums based on style.

Back