Ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heshtodd

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows of a well priced reliable online brew supply store. I have looked around and believe I have found one I like but curious if there may be others with better prices. Thanks

I like Austin Homebrew Supply, many choices kits come in about 7 days, ingredients seen to be high quality I have bought 5 kits from them. I previously bought True Brew kits from my local LHBS, these were fair kits.

Has anyone tried this northernbrewer.com? I thought the all grain recipe kits were crazy cheap. I wondered if there was something wrong with the recipe choices.

I use beer-wine.com They are about 20 mins from my house but their prices can't be beat online, they always have sales, and they have the best customer service of any place I've ever been. </end plug>

Northern Brewer has a great selection. I've only ordered from them once, but everything was perfect (equipment and ingredients).

I use Northern Brewer exclusively. They are very price competitive, have an excellent selection and charge a flat $6.99 shipping charge regardless of the size of your order (some bulky items are exempt).

Tom

I am very happy to hear that they are reliable, I really appreciate the pricing and the shipping costs. I was running into fed ex only sites and thought forget it. Can you recommend any good all grain ale recipe kits? I'm also looking for something not very low gravity but not potent in taste. I have brewed a hefeweizen which turned out great, and a blonde that was a little bitter and dry. Both were extract and I want to move on to all grain.

You'll really have to pick the style yourself. I've browsed their website and used the ingredients list as a base for my own recipes. I have thought about making a trippel, which is not a light beer, but pretty light looking and tasting (considering) but it's got a Belgian wit-like flavor, which you may or may not like.

And, FYI - I believe the straight shipping is now $7.99.

What beers do you like? That would make a good starting point to determining what beer you want to brew.

Nothernbrewer, midwest brewing and Austinhomebrewing have all three been excellent resources -oh yeah, I've also had good luck with Williams brewing for hardware (never ordered ingredients from 'em).

Just put an order today for three. I got a Bavarian hefeweizen, Irish Red and a honey brown ale. Looking forward to it. :mug:

I got my shipment a day before they stated, and I couldn't be more pleased. 7.99 to wait six days is fine by me. Also got 4 glass carboys from my buddy for 60 bucks, quite a friend. Brewing tonight the above beers. Cheers :mug:

Back