Inglourious Basterds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed it. Would watch it again. Only thing I did not like was that the subtitles were yellow and when there was a light background it was very hard to read. Maybe I need a bigger TV or to learn German and French.

Meh. I was way less than impressed.

...that french countryside in the beginning wasted so much time...

Wow. I pretty much 100% dissagree. I didn't necessarily think the whole movie was amazing, but that opeining scene was chillingly brilliant.

The movie as a whole get an 8/10 from me..

I thought it was a great movie. I especially loved the baseball bat wielding Eli Roth.

I really enjoyed it. Would watch it again. Only thing I did not like was that the subtitles were yellow and when there was a light background it was very hard to read. Maybe I need a bigger TV or to learn German and French.

You need a better TV. Not enough contrast, or your whites are getting crushed or something. Its definitely a TV setting/quality thing, and not the movie.

You need a better TV. Not enough contrast, or your whites are getting crushed or something. Its definitely a TV setting/quality thing, and not the movie.

Or maybe I should have worn my glasses while watching. :D

Huh. I'm seeing a lot of criticism over this movie. I thought it was fantastic. Christoph Waltz was incredible...one of the best villains ever.

I couldn't agree more. I was blown away by his performance. It would be a damn shame if he didn't the recognition that he deserves.

Wow. I pretty much 100% dissagree. I didn't necessarily think the whole movie was amazing, but that opeining scene was chillingly brilliant.

The movie as a whole get an 8/10 from me..

That beginning scene is the best part of the movie IMO.

Tarentino has proven again that he is king of dialog. This wouldn't have been possible though without Waltz

There was no doubt it was a Tarantino, but the movie's whole premise was obvious emotional baiting to gain attention, which put me off a bit.

"We ain't into takin' prisoners. We in the killin' nazi business...and cousin...business is a' boomin'!"

:D Nothing quite like a well-done exploitation flick.

:D Nothing quite like a well-done exploitation flick.

True, but the anti-nazi dead horse has been beaten into a loose pulp and ground into a fine powder. Movies like this have taught us that all Germans from that time were satan possessed baby-eaters, so telling me something I already knew left me feeling blasé throughout the "climax" of the film.

Latest posts

Back