****ing Walmart Shoppers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't this happen every year? Everybody just wants that $30 DVD player, I guess.

Friggin' one toothed trailer park sewage *****ebags! I HATE Wallyworld & all this Black Friday BS!

Every one of those people who walked through that doorway when that guy was knocked down should be charged with murder.

*****Stupid New York Accent*****

"hey honey, I gots a good deal on the sopranos blu-ray collection today at walmart, some shmuck got in my way so I stomped him......"

I hate the mob mentality, merry ****ing Christmas for this poor guys family. Luckily employees get 50% off at the Wal-Mart funeral home, so long as they weren't in the union.

It was just a matter of time. That's why I stay home on Black Friday's. Do you really need to kill someone to save some money on low grade electronics?

Man!! I got a sweet $30 DVD player at Wallyworld today! Man, you wouldn't believe the crowds!

Anyway, so what's new in this forum? What are we talking about?

Friggin' one toothed trailer park sewage *****ebags!

It was in Valley Stream, NY...doesn't look much like a trailer park.

Walmart- home to white trash
I guess I'm white trash, since I shop there. :rolleyes: Guess they don't have one in Alaska yet...maybe you can ask Palin to get you one, now that she has less on her plate. :D

This is exactly the reason why I don't go to stores on Black Friday.

I was going to go to Wally World today and look around a little. Talked to my sister and mentioned this and her exact response was "are you ****ing crazy?!?!"

As others have suggested, this was a completely avoidable tragedy. WalMart could have opened their doors Thursday afternoon with the big sales starting early Friday. This would have prevented the sale-hungry mob from forming at the front door. Making the big deals on-line only (as Brandon O suggested) would have helped as well. I think WalMart should implement a "SuperSaver Card" type program during the holiday's. In the months preceding the holiday's, individuals would be able to go to the customer service counter and get a "SuperSaver Card" (perhaps for a nominal fee) that would give shoppers a discount at checkout on selected items or a random discount on their entire order at checkout. If they then forgo the crazy deals of Black Friday, they can avoid the rabid mobs while providing the perception of increased value to the consumer and help their bottom line as well.

It was in Valley Stream, NY...doesn't look much like a trailer park.

I guess I'm white trash, since I shop there. :rolleyes: Guess they don't have one in Alaska yet...maybe you can ask Palin to get you one, now that she has less on her plate. :D

This is exactly the reason why I don't go to stores on Black Friday.

Well considering we have several- I refuse to go there due to the fact that its 90% fat white trash, 10% homeless people.

And everything they sell is utter crap

I guess I am one of the few people who like Walmart. We have two, and one is kind of run down. The other is in a more upscale community and you see some classier people there. I don't get the Walmart bashing. Buy Chinese **** at Walmart, Target, or KMART it's still the same Chinese ****. I personally don't understand why someone would go buy something like say a Coleman cooler at a sporting goods store and pay $20 more than at Walmart just because they hate it so much.

I guess I am one of the few people who like Walmart. We have two, and one is kind of run down. The other is in a more upscale community and you see some classier people there. I don't get the Walmart bashing. Buy Chinese **** at Walmart, Target, or KMART it's still the same Chinese ****. I personally don't understand why someone would go buy something like say a Coleman cooler at a sporting goods store and pay $20 more than at Walmart just because they hate it so much.

maybe because the entire community around walmarts turns to ****.

Their prices arent that much better on a lot of stuff. Its perceived savings.

Read the High cost of low savings.

I am no fan of Walmart, however...

Don't blame human *****ebaggery on anyone but the *****ebags. I understand the connection that's being made between the store and the clientele, but the crowd of @ssholes broke down the door, then proceeded to step on him and not let other help.

I agree that there should be charges filed against anyone they can identify in the store security tapes.

Black Friday in my area is not the amazing display of the lack of human decency. I refuse to go with my wife, but she has a ball, and meets others who are into the "sport" of it all. No pushing, no breaking down doors, etc.

I think most of us can agree on getting a good value but you also have to look at the local guys. Sure maybe I'll pay $10 more at a local sportings good store for that cooler but I am supporting the local economy because of it. Sure walmart brings in jobs, but it also closes doors or mom and pops operations and makes shopping less community oriented. I saw the special on frontline about Walmart a few years ago and decided I would never buy anything from Walmart again.

Walmart- home to white trash

Some pictures of the Wal-mart in question. Taken DURING the incident:

gal_walmart_stampede_01.jpg

gal_walmart_stampede_02.jpg

gal_walmart_stampede_03.jpg
[/quote]

At the risk of looking like a racist asshat- I can't help but notice how... um, ... "monocromatic" those pictures are.

I despise Walmart, but there is one near my mom's house in Florida that is fabulous. Something like this would never happen there. Of course, she's 63 and would be considered a youngin in her town. Those old folks just can't stampede, unless you get run over by a motorized cart.

I love going into her Walmart. I run laps around those old farts.

I know a guy that worked in managment at Coleman in New Braunsfel Texas. The plant there makes one cooler a million times a year for Walmart. The plant makes one million dollars because they only make $1 on each cooler. They used to make another cooler that had a built in fridge that sold retail for $129.99. Coleman used to wholesale that one for $85. They made some money on that one so they could pay the employees more and hire more people. Walmart started carrying this model and they would sell it for $89.99. They talked Coleman down to $60 because they were buying so many. Of corse you know that plastic is made from petroleum and employee wages have to go up because of raises. Walmart told Coleman that next year you have to sell us the cooler for $55 or we will have the cooler made in China. Walmart told Comeman that the lower price was justified because they were not bringing Walmart new products. Each year Walmart wants an even lower price even though costs go up. Now that Coleman is only making literally a couple dollars on each cooler, they had to let go their R&D department for that branch. So, the plant now only makes 1 million coolers (the plant's capacity) only for Walmart and makes $1 million dollars. They have a choice sell only to Walmart and make $1 each or close and people lose their job. The plant barely pays for itself now.

This is why someone might do that.

So it's totally wrong for me to go buy something (like a cooler) at the Walmart price? You honestly expect me to believe that the company making these is not making money? Are you saying that there is another Coleman factory that makes the same cooler for more money and sell to smaller retailers. Walmart is buying in such large lots that while they might only be paying $30 for cooler A, the 5700 walmarts are buying a ton of them that would have never have been built if there were not a Walmart. I'm not saying Walmart is perfect, but to say that they are driving everyone else out of business and that they don't provide local jobs is a crock of ****. A local Walmart here is planning to convert into a Supercenter. This supercenter will provide 100 more jobs with an average wage of $11.67 an hour. This is bad for the local economy HOW? Just like any other debate, there are two sides to the story, and the anti-Walmart camp doesn't talk about the positive aspects of the store.

Why is Walmart the one major retailer that takes the brunt of all criticism.

No one attacks the the over 1300 Target stores, 1000+ Kmart stores, 538 Costco stores, 2100 Home Depots, 7000 Walgrens, or 1200 Lowes locations with the same level of hatred as Walmart gets. Sure there might be more Walmarts, but how many cities without a Walmart have one of these other stores "supposedly" killing the local mom and pop business. 5700 Walmart stores providing jobs that probably were not there before, yeah real bad.

I'm supposed to feel bad about buying a $15 pair of jeans at Walmart, but be totally OK buying a $50 equally crappy pair of jeans at the mall? I'm white trash because I want to save money, because I have 8 people to feed and cloth. (Oh wait, must be just a breeding redneck anyway just because I have so many kids).

It's not like Walmart is driving specialty shops out of business. If you want to buy a specialty mountain bike, you aren't going to find it at Walmart. If I want a 250 dollar pair of Danner work boots, I don't find those at Walmart. But if I want an inflatable swimming pool, Coleman cooler, or light bulbs, I'm probably going to get those at Walmart.

For those of you that do not shop at Walmart, where do you do your shopping and what makes it better? To be completely honest with you, in most places I have lived in the last few years there aren't Mom and Pop stores selling the same types of products I buy at chain retailers, and these stores were not in existence before Walmart moved in either. If you are shopping for clothes at Eddie Bauer or Macy's, and buying whatever other stuff you buy at small stores, I'm betting you are in a different income bracket than I am anyway. More power to you.

In reality, we've all went so far off topic it doesn't matter. It sucks that some guy was killed by a mob of shoppers, and just coincidence that it happened at Walmart, vice Best Buy or some 80 year old woman getting stomped on at the JC Penny door opening. Plenty of incidents (although not deadly) have happened at high ends stores during this time of year.

Does this post make any fricken sense to anyone but me? I'm tired.

Some pictures of the Wal-mart in question. Taken DURING the incident:

gal_walmart_stampede_01.jpg

gal_walmart_stampede_02.jpg

gal_walmart_stampede_03.jpg

At the risk of looking like a racist asshat- I can't help but notice how... um, ... "monocromatic" those pictures are.[/QUOTE]

LOL whatever, not surprised.
So it's totally wrong for me to go buy something (like a cooler) at the Walmart price? You honestly expect me to believe that the company making these is not making money? Are you saying that there is another Coleman factory that makes the same cooler for more money and sell to smaller retailers. Walmart is buying in such large lots that while they might only be paying $30 for cooler A, the 5700 walmarts are buying a ton of them that would have never have been built if there were not a Walmart. I'm not saying Walmart is perfect, but to say that they are driving everyone else out of business and that they don't provide local jobs is a crock of ****. A local Walmart here is planning to convert into a Supercenter. This supercenter will provide 100 more jobs with an average wage of $11.67 an hour. This is bad for the local economy HOW? Just like any other debate, there are two sides to the story, and the anti-Walmart camp doesn't talk about the positive aspects of the store.

No one attacks the the over 1300 Target stores, 1000+ Kmart stores, 538 Costco stores, 2100 Home Depots, 7000 Walgrens, or 1200 Lowes locations with the same level of hatred as Walmart gets. Sure there might be more Walmarts, but how many cities without a Walmart have one of these other stores "supposedly" killing the local mom and pop business. 5700 Walmart stores providing jobs that probably were not there before, yeah real bad.

I'm supposed to feel bad about buying a $15 pair of jeans at Walmart, but be totally OK buying a $50 equally crappy pair of jeans at the mall? I'm white trash because I want to save money, because I have 8 people to feed and cloth. (Oh wait, must be just a breeding redneck anyway just because I have so many kids).

It's not like Walmart is driving specialty shops out of business. If you want to buy a specialty mountain bike, you aren't going to find it at Walmart. If I want a 250 dollar pair of Danner work boots, I don't find those at Walmart. But if I want an inflatable swimming pool, Coleman cooler, or light bulbs, I'm probably going to get those at Walmart.

For those of you that do not shop at Walmart, where do you do your shopping and what makes it better? To be completely honest with you, in most places I have lived in the last few years there aren't Mom and Pop stores selling the same types of products I buy at chain retailers, and these stores were not in existence before Walmart moved in either. If you are shopping for clothes at Eddie Bauer or Macy's, and buying whatever other stuff you buy at small stores, I'm betting you are in a different income bracket than I am anyway. More power to you.

In reality, we've all went so far off topic it doesn't matter. It sucks that some guy was killed by a mob of shoppers, and just coincidence that it happened at Walmart, vice Best Buy or some 80 year old woman getting stomped on at the JC Penny door opening. Plenty of incidents (although not deadly) have happened at high ends stores during this time of year.

Walmart is a bad thing, and everybody knows it. They do nothing but huge outsourcing that drive economy down. I hate to spend money there at all.

Does anybody feel like the law should step up on more riot control on black friday? I think it is getting more aggressive by the year it seems. I mean maybe they should install metal turnstops at least, combined with cops with megaphones organizing.

Walmart is a bad thing, and everybody knows it. They do nothing but huge outsourcing that drive economy down. I hate to spend money there at all.

Everyone knows it, but thousands shop there. Again Walmart takes the bashing, but no real alternatives or answers are provided.

Bash me because I shop at walmart, group me into the generalization of low income, overweight, wife beating, white trash rednecks, because that's how it is in the South and apparently east coast as well. What the f@ck ever. I'm going to go and get my wife pregnant and then go shoot at some road signs, you all have a good night. :ban:

You should shop at Walmart if you want to. Some people won't. You asked why someone wouldn't buy a Coleman cooler at Walmart.

It is not Walmart's fault someone got killed today. This is not another Walmart example. This happened to take place at Walmart.

Coleman is forced to sell the coolers to other stores for more than Walmart sells them for in the store. That is why they are more expensive elsewhere.

You shouldn't feel bad for shopping at Walmart and no one said you should. There are people that don't shop at Walmart for various reasons and they shouldn't feel bad for that either.

I guess Walmart bashing is the same as supporting your presidential candidate, no amount of logic or reason is going to sway you from your opinion regarding the store. Even though there is contrary evidence on several websites that discusses the positive aspect that Walmart has had on numerous communities, the evidence that suggest that some of the anti-walmart documentaries aren't entirely factual, it just doesn't matter.

I like this quote from a site I just researched: For the average person, opposing Wal-Mart is an unaffordable luxury. And that is why the anti-Wal-Mart "activists" you run across in the news business invariably come from upper-middle class backgrounds. (Come to think of it, almost every professional activist I've ever met came from privilege. Working people are too busy working.) There's nothing necessarily wrong with this. But the activists should admit the truth: the debate over Wal-Mart is really a debate about aesthetics and social class.. This quote came from here.

Again, we are all going to have our opinions, and not a damn bit of fact on either side is going to change us one bit, or allow us to even agree that we both might have valid points.

Keep in mind that the people in front who were trampling that employee were being pushed from the back. The people in back wouldn't have known someone was underfoot in front. The front people were in danger of being trampled themselves if they didn't keep moving with the flow. I'm sure nobody deliberately stomped someone to death so they could save a few dollars.

Remember the The Who concert in the 80's? I'd walk all over you to see The Who? That's what happened there. People got crushed because the crowd surged from behind.

Remember when Wal-Mart was trying to only sell "Made in the US" stuff? Mn, that didn't last long - hard to cut prices when the US business tax is so high.

back to the OP - I heard the dude died of a heart attack, and not an actually trampling - but then again, you wouldn't of found me anywhere near Wal-Mart's today....

I don't shop at walmart because they treat their employee's like crap (they closed down ALL their deli departments just because at ONE store the butchers unionized), the clientele are always seedier and redneck-ier than other stores, and they tend to drive local business out of business. This is especially true when they sprout a super sized one in a small town and the locals have no other choice to shop there unless they want to drive to the next town over.

Here's another fine example of Wal*Mart strongarming manufacturers into the poor house. Gallon of pickles. I'll buy my Chinese crap elsewhere, even if it is a few bucks more.

And no, Docapi you're not racist unless you say that it's because it was of their color they stampeded. Noting that everyone in the crowd is the same shade isn't racist.

Walmart Sucks and I absolutely refuse to shop there if at all possible. I might go into a Walmart once or twice a year and that's only if there's something there that's such a phenomenal deal that I'd be stupid to pass it up. Generally speaking, I find the place detestable and usually hate myself just for walking into one.

Here is an update from this morning, Cops hunt Wal-Mart shoppers after worker dies - Life- msnbc.com

Like many of you I do not like to shop at Wal-Mart, mainly becuase I don't like the experience of shopping there. I think I officially gave up on shopping there when in the same trip I saw a kid licking the floor with his mother there and an employee wouldn't sell me ammo becuase she wouldn't accept my military ID.

I doubt anyone will be charged, but it would be nice to get some of these people on tv and listen to their stories.

The only thing you should blame Wal Mart for is not having security out there to control the crowd. They should know most people SUCK. Not all people, most people. These people were bitching because they closed the store for two hours after they killed this poor guy. Wal Mart should now spend whatever it takes to go over security tapes and prosecute every one of those bastards. Do away with black Friday, charge everyone full price. So they buy a little less, the profit margin will make up for the volume. What happened to the idea of "Peace on earth and good will towards men". Yeah they crucified the guy that came up with that one. Merry Xmas.

Back