****ing Ferrets!!!!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
Brewed my first IPA yesterday. Newish MLT new chiller best brew day Ive ever had!!! Today I wake up too find my stopper was gone! Not like it blew off but the ****in ferrets stole it! Now I have a nice? krausen after around 12 hours. I dont know if its from my yeast or something wild. I got a new stopper and airlock sprayed them down with StarSan and sprayed the opening of the carboy and put the new airlock on. Im pretty sure it will be fine but I guess it was my dumb move.:drunk:

LOL...well, I am sure the beer's ok, but I can see the lil critters running off with that thing and a big smile across thier faces.
I buy them rubber stoppers as toys they love them so much! But the big 3 part airlock with star san in it spilling all over them would have been a funny site.

We had a ferret that LOVED beer. Almost every time I'd open one he'd be there in a couple minutes. It got to the point that he had his own little beer dish, I'd give him a tiny amount, he'd drink it and then go crash on the couch (on his back, belly up, legs spread). It was pretty damn funny...

We had a ferret that LOVED beer. Almost every time I'd open one he'd be there in a couple minutes. It got to the point that he had his own little beer dish, I'd give him a tiny amount, he'd drink it and then go crash on the couch (on his back, belly up, legs spread). It was pretty damn funny...
Did he have a favorite style?

Had two ferrets when I was younger. They're a blast to watch.

My cat (who's 16 years old now, but was a kitten at the time) thought she was a ferret the first year or so of her life. She'd go running down the hallway with the ferrets, kind of sideways like ferrets do, looking back to see if anyone was chasing her. :)

ferret.jpg

I'm surprised that the ferret didn't explode from the carbonation. Since they don't pass gas, I hear they make quite a mess. I've owned 7 over the last few decades and the vet for my first ferret gave me hell for feeding him beer.

Probably like most other things... small amounts. I never let him suck a tap. :D

I buy them rubber stoppers as toys they love them so much!

Careful about the rubber... it can get stuck in their digestive tract and kill 'em if they chew pieces off. I'm sure you know this, though.

I can imagine my ferrets pulling the same crap, though. They all died before I started brewing, but if they were around, I can definitely see them jetting with the stopper and airlock. :D

Careful about the rubber... it can get stuck in their digestive tract and kill 'em if they chew pieces off. I'm sure you know this, though. :D
Ya there too tough for them to tear up, well Im sure if they worked at it they could do whatever they set their minds too. There more into stashing them.

Back