Info on up to date brutus ten build?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOGAN

Reaction score
I will be building a single tier brutus ten type system over the winter.Wondering if the BYO issue is up to date or not?, and from the free images i have seen seems very non descript.I am great with building with wood and metal but when it comes to electronics i need pics and parts and very in depth diagrams.Before you guys tell me to search the forum..I have and the problem is that everything is so scattered or a quarter of the actual build.

What i want in the system(any builds close)

-fully automated but simple
-ability to fly sparge

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

I always thought the original Brutus 10 was gas fired? Edit - sorry I read "help with electronics" as electric elements for heating, missed that you still need electronics help for the gas valve control
Fully automated but simple is going to be a stretch - unless you only mean temperature control is automated, etc.?
The only restriction to fly sparging on a single teir is that you need at least 2 pumps.

More details on what you actually want from the build?

I 99% sure PJ has a gas valve wiring diagram on here.

Yeah not really fully automated like you said matt just the temps and pumps in which i plan to have two,plus QDs on everything.I was hoping to do away with the mlt burner and recurculate but that may just cause more headache than its worth.

Reading back over the Brutus 10 details I see that refer to "fully" automated (which makes me think flick the switch and come back 5 hours later to collect you wort :D)
I had a look through to see if I could find the P-J diagram (these are probably the best resource for schematics for homebrewers anywhere - even though I do question
his E-stop methodology, but we both know where we stand on that :))
I would suggest PM P-J as he seems pretty quick to refer back to a previous example to give you a starting point.
From what I have picked up you need to be careful when specifying your gas valves - voltage and pressure. Other than that P-J should be able to set you right.

Back