Info on a Serbian yeast strain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razyrsharpe

Reaction score
Does anyone here know anything about this Serbian yeast strain? I am looking for specifics about attenuation etc. On a side note, does anyone know what the name on the label is? A friend hooked me up (his wife and her family are from Serbia) and he brews fantastic beer with it. I am trying to educate myself on it. Going to use it in a SMaSH recipe this week. thanks!

Serbian Yeast.jpg

I have no idea, but am also interested. As far as I can tell (i dont speak serbian) but the two big words mean fermentation and yeast, which well, doesnt give any information other than it is beer yeast.

i was told to use only 25% (1/4) of the package at a time. seems about right. i'll make a starter.

i don't know for sure, but my brother uses it as an ale yeast. Neither he nor i have a setup for lagering yet. My friend, the source of the yeast, can lager. but i am not sure if he has lagered with this yeast. i'll try to find out.

giraffe, you were correct! I just translated the two largest words (thanks Google!) врење КВАСАЦ = "fermentation Yeast" so we are off to a good start.

Back