Infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balzern

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I have a dunkelweizen in secondary right now and about a day ago these little white bubble clumps appeared on the top of the beer. I have never seen this before so I am wondering if this is ok. Here is a link to the pictures I took http://picasaweb.google.com/nbalz19/UntitledAlbum#5565844322061494146

also I had a very vigorous fermentation with this one if that matters.

Thanks.

Looks like an infection although I have never had one. Knock on wood.

What are the yellow-orange things in there?

Does not look like an infection to me. Give us a new pic if it starts growing hair or gets worse.

What the heck are those orange things floating in there? I can't tell the rest of things but than likely you are like 99% of the other posters asking about this and it's just yeast rafts, but it's hard to tell with that pic.

So basically the orange things are the flash or the lights. I can't get a great picture. But they are tiny little white bubble clusters - no hair. I think that it is probably just the yeast from what everyone is saying. Sorry about the apparent cheedo/cigarette butt appearance of the flash - perhaps I'll put some in the next beer. Cheedo IPA... :p

So basically the orange things are the flash or the lights. I can't get a great picture. But they are tiny little white bubble clusters - no hair. I think that it is probably just the yeast from what everyone is saying. Sorry about the apparent cheedo/cigarette butt appearance of the flash - perhaps I'll put some in the next beer. Cheedo IPA... :p

Smokin Cheetobutt dunklefection.:D

It's Cheesus!!!
cheesus.jpg

Back