infection help!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kensig

Reaction score
got what looks like white mold on top of my saison, when I transfered to secondary a freakin gnat came out of nowhere and landed in my beer. used spoon and got him out (he died for that) but 2 days later i have a white film on top of my beer. can i rack off the bottom carefully the film does not cover the entire surface yet. or is the entire batch trash. this is the first infection i have had, so i need advice
thanks
ken:confused:

have not tried it since i moved it. thinking about racking it off to bucket and leaving some behind and see if it has off taste if its ok and grav is still the same bottling it, or might let it set for couple days to see if growth returns after i move it. cant decide

Don't worry about it. Almost all of my beer has a white film over it but it still tastes fine. Being in South Texas where the humidity is always high I believe mine is some sort of mold.

Back