Infection caused by bad yeast possible?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gtrman13

Reaction score
Well, it was only a matter of time. I've been brewing for the better part of a year now, and I just got my first infection. I'm seeing a white spider webbing film over the top of my wort. I pitched my yeast about 48 hours ago and there is not a single sign of fermentation, but this infection has continued to grow throughout the day. Anyway, I'm wondering if there is a link between the infection and the fact that the yeast does not appear to be doing any work. I don't want to have to flush this batch, but if fermentation doesn't happen I don't see any other choice. I suppose I could buy more yeast to pitch, but I don't want to waste 7 dollars to pitch into an infected batch.

You might get more response if you move this to the Fermentation and Yeast forum...

Its already infected, let it run its course and see what happens, might be your first funk beer. I would highly doubt it came from the yeast unless you accidentally picked up a pack of brett.

Back