Infection, but not

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben062479

Reaction score
Hello All,
1st, Thanks for the great forum. I have been reading for months all the way from Extract to Partial to AG now.

2nd, I have done over 20 brews, last 12 have been AG. i am not making "great" beer, but I am getting better. I haven't missed a weekend of brewing in 9 weeks.

3rd, I managed to get my 1st infection (Slimy Pedio "ropiness"), but have brewed 2 more since without problems, so I am not too concerned. I was extremely tired and probably got sloppy. I reused the yeast cake with the infection prior to knowing that it was infected, I was taking this weeks stock of beer and remembered I had done this, but to my surprise no infection in batch 2. I did not sanitize the carboy from the 1st batch, just racked off and ran through plate chiller on top.
Any idea how this is possible?

Thanks again.

I bottled 4 bottles for aging and kegged the rest. It was an English Ale w/ Wyeast Whitbread 14 days in Primary, 14 days in keg. Sanitation was good on keg and bottles, I am almost positive that it was infected in the primary.

Back